Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday…

It's been a pretty cool past few days so far. I got hired at Brew City on Wednesday (well they told me they’re gonna do a background check and if nothing bad turns up I’m hired; we’ll I’ve never been arrested or anything so I guess I’m hired). I got to call them to see when my days start. If they haven’t called me by Monday then I’ll call them.

Thursday I met up with some of the Taliesin kids and we made a game plan for finishing up the drawings; now let’s just see if we can actually get it accomplished… Latter that day went to SummerFest for the Weezer/Pixies show. The opening act (The Fray) just flat out sucked. They had no energy onstage at all, and the lead singer keep making stupid wisecracks at the audience. They only seemed to get into it in the last song, which I guess will be their eventual hit single (or the one that they want to be their hit single, I say this because even thought they sucked, they seemed competent enough and their music is commercial enough for them to make it big). It was good that their set only lasted 18 minutes. Then after the logical wait time the Pixies went onstage. My God, I was totally blown away. I’ve never been more than a casual fan of them before, but damn their sheer power of their music blew me away. They were no frills, no bullshit; they just took the stage and played great song after great song non-stop for an hour and a half. Simply amazing musicians. When Weezer went onstage as the whole crowd was really into it. When they played “Buddy Holly” it just made my night. Over all a really great show. After that I just hanged with Max and Mora for a while, and then I went home.

Yesterday was interesting. I went to the gym for a while, and then got back home. I got home and I spoke with, I guess you could call her a former “significant other”, who I haven’t talked to in almost a year. It was nice catching up with her for a while, and even better knowing that I hadn’t made an enemy as I had thought. Time will tell if we ever become as good friends as we were before, but I hope so. In the very least she can give me pointers in the things I did wrong so I don’t repeat them with the girl I’m currently hitting on (or trying to anyway). After that I just hanged with Pat for a while and had a few beers, good times. And again I was reminded just how fucking funny drunk American women can be…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home