Friday, July 01, 2005

Architecture – Freedom Tower Redesign

The new redesign for the Freedom Tower was released today...and I don’t know what to think. While it is a good modern interpretation of the classic NYC skyscrapers (Empire State, Chrysler, the departed Twin Towers), I can’t help but think that Libeskind sold out to the pressures involved in this project. It’s the new millennium, I would’ve really preferred a much more modern design like Libeskind’s original. That whole bit with Libeskind saying that the new design is better than his original seems to me like paid off ass kissing. Oh well, I’m just a measly architecture student, I really shouldn’t make such broad statements. It is a really nice project, and I’ll definitely try to visit it during construction and when it’s eventually finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home